“These ideas, that are driving AlphaGo, are gonna drive our future. This is it folks!”
- AlphaGo movie trailer
Igo Math - Natural and Artificial Intelligence and the Game of Go
This course is offered as MAT230 at Akita International University, launching next winter semester in January 2019. It is a course designed for
- explaining Artificial Intelligence in depth by focusing on a single application, the game of Go;
- improving metacognition and decision making skills by drawing parallels between artificial and natural intelligence;
- enhancing emotional intelligence and mental resilience by playing the game.
- OGS Online Go server for playing with humans and bots. For AIU students: please join this group.
- Sabaki - Go board and SGF editor
- GnuGo A classic engine often used for benchmarking.
- Patchi Another now classic engine using Monte-Carlo tree search. Also, Michi, minimalistic version for educational purposes, and similarly Nochi a minimal AlphaGo Zero clone.
- Leela a strong engine with an GUI suitable for self-study.
Go Teaching Videos (external sources)
Math & Computing videos (external sources)
- Minimax by Computerphile Intuitive explanation of adversarial tree search, illustrated with minimalistic and real game examples.
- Neural Networks by 3Blue1Brown Elementary introduction, however the fourth episode requires familiarity with the chain rule in (multivariate) calculus